There are millions of caretakers in the US alone, caretakers are responsible for so much more than just cleaning up after someone, they change and help so many lives.
Caretakers make sacrifices everyday for the good of their patients and the loved ones of their patients as well.
It’s easy to take for granted or regret all that they do for families, the elderly and the disabled.
Here are ways to take care of yourself when all you do is care for others:
- Know your boundaries
- Meet with other caretakers
- Embrace your feelings
- Keep up with your own social life
- Speak to friends and loved ones often
- Keep up on hobbies and things you love
- Give yourself breaks
- Eat well
- Avoid alcohol and drugs
- Ask for help when you need it
For the full article on Wesley Homes click HERE