Senior isolation is a common problem faced by the elderly today, and sadly, this problem is only becoming more prevalent as time progresses.
As the population continues to increase in size, the likelihood of senior isolation grows as well.
So what are some ways to help prevent senior isolation and improve the way of living for the elderly we value in our lives?
- Transportation need to be easily accessible
- Make sure the elderly have a sense of purpose
- Give them a pet
- Make sure they are up to date on tests and vaccines
- Let neighbors know
- Make sure they make plans with friends and loved ones for dinner or other occasions
- Show appreciation through affection like hugs and phone calls
- Consider hiring a caregiver
For the full article on a Place For Mom click HERE